Dawn Dance Weekend - Volunteer
This party can't happen without you! When you volunteer, you'll have fun while you do your part to make a fantastic event work
smoothly. Please sign up (see instructions on the right) to work for an hour or two during the event. Your team
captain will help you if you have questions. The volunteer task descriptions appear here:
- Arrive at the school before event starting time and set up decorations, signs, gate, stages, flyer table, shoe changing
area, and other areas, as directed by team leaders.
- Help sound techs move and set up sound equipment.
- Sweep the gym floors at assigned times before sessions, during breaks, and after the event.
- Spot check during the event to see that attendees are changing into dance shoes and leaving personal items outside the gym.
- Welcome all attendees and make sure they know where to go.
- Check in preregistered attendees.
- Take and record money from walk-ins.
- Keep water and other beverage containers filled during the event.
- Set up food for refreshment breaks at prescribed times.
- Clean up after refreshment breaks and put food away.
- Provide performers with water or other things they request.
- Stay an hour after the event ends on Sunday afternoon and help pack up decorations, remove all materials used for the event,
collect all trash, and turn our fantasy land back into a school. The school staff does the actual cleaning.
And if you'd like to be involved in planning and organizing for next year's event, please email
To volunteer please email Betsy at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In your email, please include: your name, the day and the timeslot for each task for which you are volunteering.
You'll get back an email confirmation and a reminder before the event. A master volunteer list will be at the info table at the
If you'd like to help and haven't already signed up for a task when you get to the school, check at the information table
across from the gym entrance. Any open slots will be posted there.
Local Dancers: Host out-of-town dancers
If you’re planning on attending Dawn Dance (or even if you’re not!) a delightful way to enhance your Dawn Dance weekend experience
while giving back to the dance community at large is to host an out-of-town dancer. We need your help if you have a little space
(even a couch) and can host a dancer or two for the weekend. This is a great opportunity to spend some quality time with your fellow
dancers. Email Asta Soltis at
Thank you for your help!