Dawn Dance Weekend -
This party can't happen without you! When you volunteer, you'll
have fun while you do your part to make a fantastic event work
smoothly. Please sign up (see instructions on
the right) to work for an hour or two during the event. Your team
captain will help you if you have questions. The volunteer task
descriptions appear here:
- Arrive at the venue before event starting time and set
up decorations, signs, gate, stages, flyer table, shoe changing
area, and other areas, as directed by team leaders.
- Help sound techs move and set up sound equipment.
- Sweep the floors at assigned times before sessions,
during breaks, and after the event.
- Spot check during the event to see that attendees are
changing into dance shoes and leaving personal items outside of
the dance floor.
- Welcome all attendees and make sure they know where to
- Check in preregistered attendees.
- Take and record money from walk-ins.
- Keep water and other beverage containers filled during
- Set up food for refreshment breaks at prescribed times.
- Clean up after refreshment breaks and put food away.
- Provide performers with water or other things they
- Stay an hour after the event ends on Sunday afternoon
and help pack up decorations, remove all materials used for the
event, collect all trash, and turn our fantasy land back into what it was before
And if you'd like to be involved in planning and organizing for
next year's event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
please email: email@example.com
In your email, please include: your name, the day and the
timeslot for each task for which you are volunteering.
You'll get back an email confirmation and a reminder before
the event. A master volunteer list will be at the info table at
If you'd like to help and haven't already signed up for a
task when you get to the venue, check at the information table.
Any open slots will be posted there.
Local Dancers: Host out-of-town dancers
If you’re planning on attending Dawn Dance (or even if you’re
not!) a delightful way to enhance your Dawn Dance weekend
experience while giving back to the dance community at large is
to host an out-of-town dancer. We need your help if you have a
little space (even a couch) and can host a dancer or two for the
weekend. This is a great opportunity to spend some quality time
with your fellow dancers. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
you for your help!