- CDSS Group Affiliate Priority Spots
- AACTMAD, as a Group Affiliate of CDSS, is entitled to CDSS Group Affiliate Priority Spots for up to two members to attend CDSS weeklong camp or course events each year. This enables AACTMAD members to most effectively take advantage of the resources and opportunities offered by CDSS summer programs for the benefit of our local community. (The deadline for this is early March.) Application Form
- CDSS at Camp Cavell Scholarship: EXTENDED DEADLINE - MAY 31
- This new scholarship provides members of the AACTMAD dance community an opportunity to participate in the exciting new CDSS week-long Dance, Music, and Spice program at Camp Cavell , Michigan. The intent is to provide funds to those who might not otherwise be able to come to camp. Applications from AACTMAD members received by May 31, 2016, will be processed first, and those applicants will be notified of their scholarship status in early June. All funds may be assigned at that time, but non-AACTMAD member applicants and all applications received after May 31 will be considered if funds are still available. The form should be send electronically to Greg Meisner (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Fred Karsch (email@example.com). Application Form
- Membership Scholarships
- These scholarships introduce non-member individuals to our community-based organization of traditional music, dance, and song by providing benefits of a one-year AACTMAD regular membership. Application Form
- Individual Grants
- These grants promote the enjoyment of traditional dance, music, and song by our local community by encouraging and enabling individuals’ participation in local, regional, and national activities and thereby enriching their lives and sense of community through attending ongoing traditional dance, music, or song events. Individual Grants pay a portion of registration fees for attendance at local, regional, or national traditional dance, music, or song events, weekends, camps, or festivals. In return, Individual Grant recipients enrich our local dance community with their enhanced skills and enthusiasm for traditional music, song, and dance through specific actions and activities that they describe in their Individual Grant Proposal. A second goal is to encourage AACTMAD members to become leaders in our traditional dance, music, and song community and to gain exposure to and awareness of traditional music and dance leadership opportunities on a regional and national level. Successful proposals will be specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time bound. Applicants must be AACTMAD members. Preference will be given for attendance at events that provide matching funds through the event’s own grant or scholarship program for which recipients must also apply. Preference will be given to young AACTMAD members and to those who have not previously attended the camp or festival for which the Individual Grant is requested. Financial need is also a consideration. Application Form
- Event Grants
- Funds are available from the AACTMAD Board to enable project organizers clearly define and carefully plan events and activities consistent with AACTMAD’s mission. Contact a member of the Scholarship & Grants Committee or the AACTMAD Board for details.
Please check out the Scholarship Application Forms for further instructions and submit one today!
For further information contact